Age: 3 weeks – 2 years
Purchased: New (clothes, belt), Handmade (necklace)
What I like: Very comfortable with a flattering fit
For those of you who haven’t seen my Saturday Instagram post, I’m taking a new (old) approach to this blog. I originally started blogging to share my personal style, but since then I’ve gotten very caught up in shooting editorial style shoots of myself. While I love to do this, it is impractical, especially when I have limited time and energy on my hands.
I decided to swing back to my original purpose—sharing my personal style and lifestyle—and keeping it more casual than editorial. So, starting today I’m trying to share a new outfit every weekday, both here and on Instagram. My original vision was to create a resource of outfit ideas others could look at so they could make the most of their closet.
I’m going to feature a few things each outfit post:
- The age of my clothes. I want to show just how long I wear clothes (I have pieces stretching 15+ years), and encourage the idea that
- Where the items came from (three categories). My closet is made up of new, secondhand, and handmade pieces (items I made myself), and I want to highlight how you can use old, new, and hand created pieces to make interesting outfits.
- Why I like the outfit. A year ago I wouldn’t have posted an outfit like this because it was too casual/ordinary. Instead, I want to share why I like an outfit, even if it isn’t the prettiest or flashiest on the Internet. It is a little way for me to encourage building my personal style.
- Little blurbs about the look or thoughts. (Depending on how I feel.)
- Special tags. This will allow you to
searchvarious categories of outfits if you are looking for an extra bit of information.
The categories include:
- Tops Outfits
- Sweater Outfits
- Blouse Outfits
- Skirt Outfits
- Shorts Outfits
- Pants Outfits
- Dress Outfits
- Blazer Outfits
- Cardigan Outfits
- Outerwear Outfits
- Summer Outfits
- Winter Outfits
- Fall Outfits
- Spring Outfits
I’m excited to start, and what is even better is that I can shoot several looks without totally exhausting myself. I’m still figuring out how to work with this lens (it is 75mm so it zooms closer than
Thanks for reading!